Next course date – TBC
Contact us to register interest in any future courses.
Details of most recent course:
Wednesday 28th March 2018
Click here for photos and feedback from our last course (4/7/2017)
Our courses are accredited and quality assured by ENT UK (4 CPD points allocated).
- Hands on half day focused course using professional ENT microscopes with teaching arms, thus allowing for direct supervision and training.
- Small group teaching (max of 5 people) by senior experienced staff.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
- We train qualified nurses, audiologist and doctors.
– Dr. Mihaela (Ella) Carmaciu – experienced GP with Diploma in Laryngology and Otology with the Royal College of Surgeons in London since 1996. Ella established community NHS and private ear micro suction clinics in Essex since 2009.
– Mr. Alex Stanciu – microsuction lead trainer for nurses and audiologists at the Royal National ENT Hospital (London), with 16 years practicing micro suction in nurse led clinics and 22 years ENT nursing experience.
– Mrs Jo Knight – registered nurse with over 12 years experience performing ear microsuction. She has worked in nurse-led clinics in the community and Ear, Nose & Throat hospital clinics since 1989.
14:30 LECTURES COMMENCE
Introduction and quick refresher of:
· The anatomy of the ear
· Red flag symptoms and signs; when to refer to GP or ENT
15:30 PE-PROCEDURE PREPARATION
· Indications for ear microsuction
· Run-through of types of equipment
· Tips & tricks
· 2 live consultations
17:00 SUPERVISED HANDS ON PRACTICE
·Microsuction practice on selected patients and other course attendees (up to 8 ears to examine)
PLEASE NOTE– we will also be practicing on one another’s ears as it is important to experience microsuction as a patient would.
18:30 Ear Microsuction as a business; medical indemnity; CQC registration; mentorship
19:00 CLOSING SESSION & COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Depending on the assessment done during the course, candidates will be certified according to their performance. Further courses may be recommended.
The course is ENT UK CPD accredited (4 points).
Sainsbury’s, White Hart Lane
Chelmsford, CM2 5PA
**Please contact us first to confirm whether there are places available**
We are unable to book your place without prior payment. Please pay £400.00 to:
Consult Medical UK, Barclays Bank, Sort Code: 20-19-95, Account No: 50230227
Or by PayPal to email@example.com
Enquiries to Dr M Carmaciu:
Fax: 01245 467059
We look forward to meeting you!
Dr Mihaela Carmaciu (Course lead)