Microsuction is a safe and thorough method of:
- Removal of wax and foreign bodies in the ear
- Removal of wax in patients with contraindications to ear syringing/irrigation (i.e. tympanic perforation, previous ear surgery, history of otitis externa following syringing and many more. Please see the NICE CKS guidelines on the FAQ page for a full list.)
- Treatment of acute or chronic infections of the ear canal
- De-waxing of children’s ears (cooperative children above 4 years of age)
- Regular cleaning of mastoid cavities
Our consulting room
Our consulting room is located in the North Chelmsford Healthcare Centre, Sainsbury’s, White Hart Lane, Chelmsford, CM2 5PA.
Our lead clinician
Dr. Mihaela Carmaciu
Dr Mihaela Carmaciu is an experienced GP who achieved the Diploma in Laryngology and Otology from The Royal College of Surgeons in London in 1996. She has been providing ear micro-suction services to NHS Mid Essex patients since 2009.
Our registered nurse
Mrs Jo Knight
Jo is a registered nurse with over 12 years experience performing ear microsuction. She has worked in nurse led clinics in the community and in Ear, Nose and Throat hospital clinics since 1989. She is a member of the Royal College of Nursing and registered with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council.